2018 Registration Details
Registration for the Iceland Writers Retreat is processed by Iceland Travel through their secure website. Registration will open on July 6, 2017.
We will be posting prices for the event in June.
The package can be booked either including four nights’ accommodation at the retreat venue, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura (with free internet access and breakfast included), or without accommodation.
It is possible for two participants to sign up together and share a town or double room.
Your credit card will be charged an initial deposit of ISK 60,000 with the remaining balance automatically charged two months before the Retreat begins, on 11 February, 2018.
Your registration to the retreat includes:
- Attendance at five small-group workshops led by featured authors (participants will have an opportunity to register for specific workshops this autumn, with booking taking place in the order in which you registered to attend the IWR).
- Attendance at author Q&A panel and author reading
- Coffee/tea and refreshments during workshop days
- Lunches on Thurs 12, Fri 13, Sat 14 April.
- Conference program and materials
- Welcome dinner and pre-dinner drink
- Literary walking tour of Reykjavík
- Exclusively-designed, all-day guided tour in the Icelandic countryside, led by an Icelandic writer. Includes lunch and reading(s) by local authors. Choice between literary-themed Golden Circle tour, Literary Borgarfjörður or a new third tour likely in the Reykjanes peninsula (more details soon available). Read more details about the tour options.
- Transportation to all events on the itinerary not held at the hotel (only for those who have booked with accommodation).
- New events as added
The optional “Relax & Write” two-day extension includes:
- Two additional nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at the hotel (it’s also possible to book without accommodation).
- Dinner on Sunday, April 15
- Dinner and open mike night on Monday, April 16
- Click here for further information on this extension.
Prices exclude airfare and airport transfers. (Depending on where you’re traveling from, it should be possible to arrive and depart on the days the retreat begins / ends. Please check the Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
Room upgrades and a spouse/partner package are available, or your partner can also attend as a full participant; further information is on the registration page. Partners can attend the social events and tours, but not workshops.
Cancellations made more than four weeks prior to arrival will be refunded in full except for an administration fee of ISK 15,000. A cancellation made less than four weeks but more than two weeks prior to arrival will be charged 50% of total payment. A cancellation made less than two weeks prior to arrival will not be refunded.