2019 Registration Details
Registration opens on 17 July on a first come, first served basis.
Complete Package: ISK 283,500
Standard Package: ISK 219,500
Economy Package: ISK 199,000
(Click here for a nice graphic showing you what is included and not included with each package, as well as prices for the extension and partners.)
Registration for the Iceland Writers Retreat is processed by Iceland Travel through their secure website.
The package can be booked either including four nights’ accommodation at the retreat venue, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura (with free internet access and breakfast included) (“Complete Package”), or without accommodation (“Standard Package”). The Economy Package excludes accommodation, the welcome dinner and author reading, and the full-day literary themed tour.
It is possible for two participants to sign up together and share a twin or double room.
Your credit card will be charged an initial deposit of ISK 60,000 with the remaining balance automatically charged 70 days before the Retreat begins, on 23 January, 2019. If you sign up after this date, your credit card will be charged the full balance upon registration.
Your registration to the retreat includes:
- Attendance at five small-group workshops led by featured authors (participants will have an opportunity to register for specific workshops this autumn, with booking taking place in the order in which you registered to attend the IWR).
- Attendance at author Q&A panel and author reading (Author reading on Complete and Standard packages only)
- Coffee/tea and refreshments during workshop days
- Lunches on Thurs 12, Fri 13, Sat 14 April
- Conference program and materials
- Welcome dinner and pre-dinner drink (Complete and Standard Packages only)
- Literary walking tour of Reykjavík
- Exclusively-designed, all-day guided tour in the Icelandic countryside, led by an Icelandic writer. Includes lunch and reading(s) by local authors. Choice between literary-themed Golden Circle tour, Literary Borgarfjörður, or Geology, Ecology and Literary Inspriration. Read more details about the tour options. (Complete and Standard packages only.)
- Transportation to all events on the itinerary not held at the hotel (Complete package only).
- New events as added.
The optional “Relax & Write” two-day extension (available with Complete and Standard packages only) includes:
- Two additional nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at the hotel (Complete Package only).
- Dinner on Sunday, April 7
- Dinner and open mike night on Monday, April 8
- Click here for further information on this extension.
Prices exclude airfare and airport transfers. (Depending on where you’re traveling from, it should be possible to arrive and depart on the days the retreat begins / ends. Please check the Frequently Asked Questions page for further details.)
Room upgrades and a spouse/partner package are available, or your partner can also attend as a full participant; further information is on the registration page. Partners can attend the social events and tours, but not workshops.
Cancellation policy (updated from previous years):
i) a cancellation made more than 70 days prior to the event day will be charged an administration fee of 20.000 ISK.
ii) a cancellation made less 70 days but more than 56 days prior to the event day will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 15% of total payment.
iii) a cancellation made less 56 days but more than 42 days prior to the event day will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 50% of total payment.
iv) a cancellation made less 42 days but more than 14 days prior to the event day will be charged a cancellation fee equal to 75% of total payment.
v) a cancellation made less than 14 days prior to the event day will not be refunded.